Monday, November 19, 2012

so much to do... so little time

Since last update, I've gotten a lot done. I have gotten a lot of feedback from people about my game and the things I can do with it. I have finished my project proposal, and you can check it out in the entry http://cfarleyprojects.blogspot.com/2012/11/project-proposal.html. I also got a walk cycle done and I am working on making improvements on it. That took a lot of time. I am trying to figure out what placeholder art I can use to get prototyping off the ground sooner. As of right now it would take me till next semester just to get the sprites done which would be completely useless to me.

Now that I have the proposal done I am going to work on the design doc so I can use that as I flesh out the game itself. The prototype will be made as a way to support and help explain the documentation as well as playtesting. By next update I will want to have a player able to shoot a barrel and take out an enemy. I'm going to have to really focus on GameMaker to make this happen. I need to go over the tutorials presented by yoyo. The only problem is that this week is Thanksgiving so I'm not sure when this will all get done.

Thanksgiving and work are my two biggest obstacles this week. And black Friday but we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment