Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Couple steps backwards

It's been a rough few weeks for me as Michele's family suffered the loss of our uncle, Billy. He was a great guy always quick with a joke, but always in good fun. We loved him and he will always be missed.
I've been struggling to get the ranged enemies (the blue guys in the last demo) to take melee damage. In video games melee is simply a direct hit/punch/kick/grapple. I decided that it would be a lot easier to have one type of enemy with random health and range so I got rid of range and tank enemies and just had one type of enemy object. Now making area of effects should be a lot easier to do. That being said I still need to create the area of effect objects. Before I had a problem where the collision between the player's bullet and the area of effect object would cause the game to crash. I need to look up a solution for that problem before I can create other kinds of environmental effects.
On a positive side I added in tips when the player loses to help them do better. I also changed melee from the v key to right click and lastly I added a cool down time to Shel's ability to heal you.
As promised several weeks ago here's a look at the progress I made. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3nbqdl90ejytew/War%2B3.5.exe
W moves up
A moves left
S moves down
D moves right
Spacebar moves the green dot
Left Click shoot
Right Click melee
R reload
C cure some damage- starts the cooldown

When you lose there will be tips to help you do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment