Monday, March 25, 2013

things look promising...

 So I know I said there would be a new demo today, but I'm a little behind. There's some kinks I need to work out of the existing AI, I need to be able to do area of effect damage, and I have to add the medic enemy. Once they are all added I will have an impromptu update with a new demo for everyone. After that I am going to work on an enemy timeline that will create more enemies as the game progresses. Finally I will work on fixing the screen size in order to fit more on the screen.

This week I began editing the enemy AI. They wander out of play a lot which is annoying.
As I've said this week I have a lot to do. Most challenging is probably going to be the AI for the enemy medic. The medic will move fast and avoid the player just as the ranged enemies do, but instead of firing at the player they heal wounded enemies or enemies immobilized by an environmental attack. Also I want to make destroying a medic directly an automatic level restart whereas the other two have a total number of direct assaults before the level will restart.

I feel like the environmental damages and effects will help breathe some life into the game and make it unique. Right now the environment doesn't work properly. I found a tutorial to help me fix that though, so by next week it should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment