Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Update 3/5

Thank you everybody that downloaded the game and played my demo last week. I know I have not gotten to a lot of the core elements of the game yet, but I'm hoping that I will soon so I can get more feedback from everyone. Also once I do I can set up a time where I can actually watch testers play the game so I can see what they are doing versus what I expected them to do.  Next week is SPRING BREAK! I'm pretty excited about that, hopefully I'll get lots of work done for all my projects
So this last week I did get a lot of work done on my game. I enabled melee combat by right clicking when you get close enough to the enemy. I limited the number of direct assaults per level to 4. Once that is reached the game will restart. Finally I began to work on the area of effect damage from environmental enemies.
This week I have to continue working on the environment objects so they can all work properly. I still need to figure out how to detect the enemies within range of area of effect and only apply the damage to instances of the enemies within that area. Once the environment is done I want to control the number of enemies with a timeline. I need to look into timelines and figure out how they work. Game Maker has a tutorial on timelines when they teach how to make the scrolling shooter 1942.
In addition to my figuring out the area of effect I also need to figure out arrays for my other game that I am working on for my internship. Also I still have not figured out how to change the screen size without affecting the mouse_x and mouse_y location on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment