Monday, February 25, 2013

first demo

So I am having some set backs with the size of my room. I want to increase the room size but this affects the mouse_x and mouse_y reading and thus affects the location of the player projectile. For the time being I have the game being played in the default room size until I can remedy this. I made the AI a lot smarter. It now has the ability to take the character the player wants to defend off screen and this can only be stopped by a direct attack. Also when the character the player is defending gets captured it moved to a random instance of the object that captured her. I thought that the instance that captured her would carry her off the screen the same way shooting an instance destroys only that instance of the object. To remedy this I found a function called instance_nearest. I set a variable called nearest to instance_nearest(x, y, obj_entank); x is her x position (horizontal), y is her y position (vertical).
Next week I hope to have the screen situation fixed. It's too small to really create any type of environmental objects to attack so I need to fix this problem. Until then I am going to continue working on enemy AI and getting everything in my code organized because right now it isn't commented very well. To see what I have done so far follow this link and download the game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjybycw3svnrh84/War%2B3.exe

W- UP
A- LEFT
S- DOWN
D- RIGHT
SPACE- moves green dot towards your character
R- Reloads
let me know if the link doesn't work!

1 comment:

  1. Fun stuff, killing people with mad faces. The reload green patch is a nice touch. Still want cheesy midi music?

    ReplyDelete