Monday, January 21, 2013

deCoded

SO as I said. This is going to be a very busy semester. I'm looking at 2 different coding languages and I haven't even been to a class yet. Hopefully I pick up on the syntax quickly so I can focus on the logic and debugging process. As of right now I have found a comprehensive tutorial for GML and I may have found one for another language that I'm going to be working with for my internship. Right now I am going over GML. I listened to a keynote done by David Jaffe (lead designer on God of War, Twisted Metal, and Calling All Cars, among other games) where he talked about a voice that he's had that tells him he is going to do what he loves and it doesn't matter if he's the best at it or not, so long as he keeps true to the love he has for game design. I like listening to stuff like that every so often because it inspires me to continue doing what I love to do.
Tomorrow I have work and I'm hanging out with Brandon, but on Wednesday I'm spending the whole day until I have to go to class working on one of these languages. One thing I've found in my previous ventures in programming is that arrays are confusing at times for me so I am going to be paying close attention to them as I learn and develop my game.
This is going to be a hard semester for me so like I said before I need to keep on trucking through, not getting distracted, and I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment