Monday, January 14, 2013

Crunch time

I'm a little disappointed with myself this week. I always seem to be lacking motivation for this project until it's too late to start working on it so nothing gets done. Despite that I have gotten a little further into the GDD I missed an important section of it that I've been working on for a while. I think my solution is to take my laptop with me and do homework wherever I am. That way I can't have an excuse.
I am going to work on Game Maker 8 a lot this week. I'm starting with remaking the game 1984, the scrolling shooter. Then I'm going to make a platform game, and finally a tutorial about adding depth to my environment since that will be an important part of game play for this game. I wish I didn't have work in 30 minutes otherwise I'd get started right away.
My biggest distraction has been Pokemon lately. I'm going to set it aside and put it somewhere where I won't see it. Out of sight out of mind right? Tonight is a new How I Met Your Mother and I'm going to Michele's after work to watch it. Instead of playing games while we wait for the show to start I'm going to be doing work while she plays with her iPad. My new year's resolution this year is to be more self motivated and positive than I have been. That is a big part of why I don't get as much as I should done.

No comments:

Post a Comment