Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve tonight!

Today as you may well know (unless your in a far off land and it's already happened) is New Year's Eve! I'm excited because despite being sick, have been since Friday, I am going to a party and get to spend the night hanging out with Michele and her brother and some awesome people. That being said I still have a lot to do this week. As I said before I was sick so I tried to stay off the computer and such. I'm doing this update because I feel obligated to myself and to everyone who reads it to let you know what happened with the game this week.
So I went back to the GDD and I finished the environment descriptions this entailed what the area looked like as well as what kinds of environmental tools the player would find as they traversed each terrain. Then I fleshed out four different enemy types, not including the bosses. There is the ranged, heavy, support, and special. Ranged deals a lot of damage, heavy sponges damage, support heals, and special changes from terrain to terrain. Dorian is a hybrid of these 4 classes. He has Shel to heal, he can take a significant amount of damage as well as deal it, and he will have a special ability as well. Since each enemy class is specialized they will be able to do their specialization better than Dorian, ie the ranged will deal more damage and the heavy will take more damage.
There's still a lot more of the GDD to type out and then I have to do concept art and a template for it. After that I plan on working on GM8 tutorials until the end of break. Before I get too far ahead of myself this week I'm hoping to finish the enemies (bosses), combat, and a walkthrough of the four different terrains.
Being sick is no fun, but I'm going to grit my teeth and bear it to get this stuff done. Hope you all have a fun and safe new year's eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment